2021.10.18 22:07 cheap-nugget-holder Anyone have experience with uksarms.com/ are these legit results ?
|submitted by cheap-nugget-holder to sarmssourcetalk [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 hardknocks1997 $15 10 team ESPN H2H Points Draft Tonight @ 9 EST
Draft tonight, use Leaguesafe to pay!
Link to ESPN league: https://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/league/join?leagueId=522585601&inviteId=b0766977-39b6-47b2-9f7b-ea99b0fb6781
Link to Leaguesafe: https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/4007375
submitted by hardknocks1997 to findaleague [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 fashionplaymaker Do you have a Rainbow "lightning" facet?
2021.10.18 22:07 nafa_mo They actually did!
|submitted by nafa_mo to deadbydaylight [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 ghosttttttttttttt Do you wanna sanji kicks a women ?
my answer is why not. but not yes. I dont wish it per se
but if he kicks. I hope it is a very good satisfied kick. n the face
I apologize for all simps people feelings
for female readers. if this is offensive. please take it with a grain of salt. its a stupid post. but let it be
submitted by ghosttttttttttttt to OnePiece [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 Semigoodlookin2426 Back to Bond: The Spy Who Loved Me
After watching NTTD and rewatching all of Craig’s run, I realized I have not watched a Bond movie other than Daniel Craig’s since before 2010. A move from the UK to South America means I have simply stopped watching movies, even those I love. So, over the next few weeks I am going to change this by going back to Bond.
I thought it would be interesting to bring the Bond community along with me. So, I will watch a movie and will post about my feelings about it now as opposed to when I was younger. I think it serves as a good way for us to revisit movies and discuss what we think about them now compared to then. Moore’s Bond is probably the best in the series for the juxtaposition between modern Bond and old Bond movies, so this is a good place to start.
As I progress through the series, I will not be doing them in order. Instead, I will jump around. Anyway, I decided to start with The Spy Who Loved Me, a movie I always loved, and I know is much liked amongst James Bond fans.
Note: I am going to mostly avoid discussing the treatment of women in the movies. We know it is poor, but I do not want each movie discussion to descend into how Bond treated a woman. However, I am not ignoring the subject and plan to do a separate thread on this once I watch a few more older movies. It is also more egregious in some movies than others.
So, with that out of the way, here are my thoughts on re-watching TSWLM (in abbreviated form from here on).
· First thing I notice is despite having seen TSWLM many times over the years, a decade long gap meant many things I had forgotten, so it was nice to view it with semi-fresh eyes.
· I still love the opening sequence, even if modern action has kind of desensitized me to the spectacle. Couldn’t help a brief chuckle at the closeups of Bond skiing. I get it, 1970s, but it is mildly amusing to see the old effects.
· Scenes involving the start of a mission and Bond getting his information have always been favorites of mine and I like them fine here.
· Stromberg’s introduction is good, he is menacing and cold and shows he is a dangerous adversary (he gets a little more cartoony as the film progresses, but I like that Curt Jurgens plays it relatively straight).
· Bond goes to Egypt so of course he needs to dress like Lawrence of Arabia. It is this kind of stuff in the Moore era that pulls me out of the movie.
· I have some wider problems with Bond in Egypt, at least at first. It is just a collection of scenes. Bond goes to his contact gets information, he goes to Fekkesh house and has the fight, he turns up at the Pyramids, he goes to the party to meet the buyer. I like all these scenes, but I would like some in-between stuff as it feels disconnected.
· Before continuing, I love Moore in this movie. He is effortless in it and does probably his best version of Bond. The jokes and comedy are there, but he is also James Bond. I still think killing Sandor is one of the character’s coldest acts.
· Barbara Bach on the other hand, sheesh. She is awful in this movie, and I think Moore is carrying her. Imagine what the story could have been with a competent actor.
· From the nightclub scene to meet Kalba onwards, TSWLM becomes amazing for me. I think I love it all from here on.
· Jaws is very intimidating in the pyramids scene, and I wish that could have continued. His momentum is killed during the fight in the ruins. It becomes clear he is also a source of comedy and I think it harms the character. I still love him in this movie though.
· Oh man, the scene where Bond and Amasova (XXX) meet with M and Gogol is messy. It makes Bond look like a buffoon. There was a way to show Amasova is a capable agent and has information Bond does not without making Bond look like he does not do his research. I hated it.
· I like the train scene, but it is filler.
· Everything in Sardinia is ace. The meeting with Stromberg, the car chase, infiltration of Atlantis, underwater sequence, and the location, I love it all and it is quintessential Bond for me.
· I also like the hotel scene where Amasova finds out Bond killed her lover. Once again Moore shows he can play it serious and cold.
· And then the next scene after Amasova telling Bond she will kill him is Bond grinning at her as they are being winched onto a submarine. It is hilarious, a small shot, and an example of how comedy can work in Bond without detracting from the story. She says she will kill Bond, he either knows he can charm her or doesn’t care she will try to kill him… great.
· All the submarine capture and Stromberg confrontation is somewhat forgettable to me, but it moves the plot along. Also, I love how Stromberg leaves on his speedboat. It looks like me playing in the bath when I was 5.
· Bond’s escape and the battle on Liparus is amazing. Strong action scenes and surprisingly still tension when Bond uses the bomb to open the shuttedoor.
· I have seen the movie before, I know that Bond will leave the sub on a jet ski. I live in 2021, a jet ski is not an amazing new thing to me. So, why is it when this happens, I still think it is awesome?
· For some reason I had completely forgot Bond kills Stromberg in such a cold fashion. Properly guns him down and I like how simple it is.
· The fight with Jaws has not aged that well, mostly because Jaws is not as menacing to me as he was when I was younger.
TSWLM remains top tier Bond for me. However, while it was once a 9/10 it is now just an 8/10. Bach is terrible and detracts from the movie. I also cannot help but think what might have been. Imagine if a big part of the story was these two spies at odds while working towards the same goal? Instead, Bond killing XXX’s lover becomes mostly inconsequential to the plot.
Semigoodlookin2426 will return in The Living Daylights (yes, I am watching that next).
submitted by Semigoodlookin2426 to JamesBond [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 BlimpyOU Dragon skulls
|submitted by BlimpyOU to STFUitsadragon [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 pigezz How would I go about preventing this rip on my hoodie from getting any larger? Is there a certain stitch that I can use? More info in post
|submitted by pigezz to sewing [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 Wukaschin Bayonetta 1 and 3
So ... We know that in B3 we will have time paradox story line with lil Cereza from first game. Who is her mother? Does she think that Bayo is her mother or she had both connection with Bayonetta and Rosa. I am not stupid i know Bayonetta is Cereza, but it's confusing.
Ah yeah I really love childish playful energy that Cereza in Bayo 3 has.
I think we would not get Luka, Enzo, Jeanne.... In Bayo3 beacuse this Cereza would be raised in changed mind and environment, so that implies that she would not meet some of these characters. And yeah I think she wouldn't be a nun beacuse she is too childish and playful, so what Job would you give her.
IMAGINE HER BEING INSTAGRAM INFLUENCER I'M OUT ☠️
submitted by Wukaschin to Bayonetta [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 787v Damn
|submitted by 787v to sadcringe [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 zsmithworks NWSL Taps Marla Messing as Interim CEO Amid Abuse Scandal - Yahoo Sports
|submitted by zsmithworks to conspiracywhatever [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 muzz_mm Bring your own ear piece?
Apparently we have to bring our own earpiece for the test.
Will the regular Apple Earpods with the 3mm jack & microphone suffice? I've been looking everywhere for a "Receive only Earpiece" without a microphone that I used for my IBT, but no luck anywhere.
submitted by muzz_mm to MotoIRELAND [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 spellsforward my cat being silly
|submitted by spellsforward to Eyebleach [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 benmetalhead A part of me is fucking dead My lungs have filled up with regret For every day I was away I'll never be whole again
|submitted by benmetalhead to Trivium [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 ttnbc702 chubbies airplane glue and oreoz
|submitted by ttnbc702 to vegastrees [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 ClingingClegnut What impressively delicious meal can you whip up with a few cheap ingredients?
2021.10.18 22:07 arabelleraphael It's spooky season...where are my freaks at?
|submitted by arabelleraphael to ArabelleRaphaelSFW [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 cloudFEZ It was buy 2 get 1 free on Amazon. Excited to read
|submitted by cloudFEZ to AnthonyBourdain [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 ItsSloany Operator XP?
With the current battle pass I know we receive some Vanguard items. I noticed one of the XP tokens says "operator XP". I know this isn't regular double xp for your level, so does this mean each operator has some sort of progression system? Sorry if this is something already stated, I was just confused.
submitted by ItsSloany to CODVanguard [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 Jonaraja Anyone else tries to see how few key words you can tell AI and it will still understand
We have an Alexa at my house and my parents tell it to set a timer by saying "Alexa set a timer for 5 minutes." I just say "Lexa timer 5min" it still works even though I never said the real name or even a full sentence. I've done it with other things, but this is just the only example I can think of right now.
submitted by Jonaraja to teenagers [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 22:07 -en- @Reuters: Mexican President Obrador, U.S. climate advisor John Kerry speak https://t.co/SrcCyMFBFc
|submitted by -en- to newsbotbot [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 zsmithworks The Trick review: How the Climategate scandal rocked the world - New Scientist
|submitted by zsmithworks to conspiracywhatever [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 iamdr27 Broken images with scss and pug
2021.10.18 22:07 slimninj4 My first painted necron. I have to tweak as I want he canoptek to pop more. Still these are fun to paint.
|submitted by slimninj4 to Warhammer40k [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 22:07 ZoolShop Teen Boy Allegedly Kidnapped for Ransom After Making Significant Profit Trading Bitcoin
|submitted by ZoolShop to CoinTuta [link] [comments]|